This post contains affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you anything to click on them but we may be compensated if you end buying something.
Before we talk about my dirty laundry, I mean gear, let’s talk about the bag itself. I’ve literally tried 10 different bags (and probably will try as many more). I can attest the saying no bag is perfect is a fact. It could have everything you’re looking for but still, be off in one key factor.
My must-haves: hold a shit ton of gear, not look too big, and sit on my back comfortably (so a bag that defies all laws of physics). I settled on the Gucci ($$) of backpacks, the GORUCK GR2.
My GR2 holds a ton (34L), is bombproof in construction, and most importantly doesn’t hurt my back when fully loaded with crap. I wish it had an external bottle holder to free up space inside and or hold a tripod. It also has two main zippered compartments with smaller zippered pockets within for extra organization. I could do without the smaller of the two compartments to make for one massive compartment. But as they say, buy a bigger house and soon the amount of crap you own will grow to fit it. My gym bag is no different as you’ll see from the list below.
- Sneakers: Reebok Nano 9
2. Shorts: Sunga Life 4-way stretch Board Shorts (because vets make cool gear apparently)
3. Jump rope: RX Smart Gear with the Poseidon weight cable – After trying other brands, I am religious about this brand. Use the rope as part of many of my workouts and warm-up for all of them.
4. Reebok gym sack – to carry my gym essentials (chalk, water, writs and knee wraps, etc) on the gym floor (some gyms don’t allow backpacks in the workout areas)
5. Water bottle: Camelbak Chute Mag 40oz – this large insulated steel bottle keeps my water cold all day long and saves me $$ and guilt by avoiding plastic bottles.
8. Surefire Flashlight (my hero complex)
9. Dopp kitt – Topo Designs Accessory Pouch
10. Master Lock
11. Hoodie – Olivers Apparel Mens Merino Wool Performance Porter Hoodie – for when chilling at the coffee shop gets a little too chill
12. AER Cable Kit – to keep my charging cables from getting out of control
13. Protein Bottle – Blender Bottle ProStak
14. MacBook Pro – what I use to build this site. Have MacBook + GR2, will travel.
So, what’s in your gym bag?