Specialist Certification – Steel Mace – Austin, TX
This course is designed to provide each attendee a clear and accessible path to the utilization of the Steel Mace. An incredibly powerful tool for shoring up weakness, preventing injury and creating full body strength that starts from the inside out.
One of the most significant advantages of training with the Steel Mace is it provides an easy entry point into the use of offset weight on the end of a long lever. The uneven weight distribution is continually triggering the forces that act on the rotational make up of our system – no matter how light or heavy it is.
Due to gravity, we are subject to those forces constantly reinforcing the imbalance that saps our strength. Not understanding how they influence our structure decreases our ability to control them. That is, unless we intentionally engage these forces and activate new ones through purposeful multi-planar movement. Which is what you will learn going through the Steel Mace Specialist Certification at the Onnit Academy.
The Onnit Academy Steel Mace Specialist Certification teaches attendees to:
• Understand the impact of rotational forces enacted on the body and their influence on movement and performance.
• Recognize structural imbalances and gaps in strength for generating force.
• Engage optimal structural integration to recalibrate for controlled, purposeful movement.
• Modify the position and alignment of both body and Steel Mace to specifically induce highly influential offset leverage and rotational training outcomes.
• Utilize the nuances of hand placement, mace configuration and positional alignment for unlocking easy access to the expansive library of Onnit Academy Steel Mace movements.
• Perform dynamic hand switching for smooth movement transitioning.
• Lay the groundwork for Steel Mace flow movement sequencing.
We don’t generally feel inclined to Revel, to celebrate, in our weakness. But what if that weakness was the source of our strength? Take a major source of ongoing dysfunction for example: Rotation. Or the lack thereof. It is challenging to weed out weaknesses in our overall strength, because it “runs and hides” in the rotational aspects of our make up.
Only when we can intentionally engage in rotation can we truly begin to control it. And if we can control it in a purposeful way, we take back what was gradually getting further and further out of our reach. It can be uncomfortable, just as it is uncomfortable to face any weakness. But face it, celebrate it, Revel in all the power, balance and movement potential accessing it provides… and you will turn it into one of your greatest strengths!
• No prerequisite required to attend this Specialist course of the Onnit Academy Longevity & Performance System.
• The Foundations Certification course is highly recommended as a precursor to this Onnit Academy Steel Mace Specialist Certification course.
$995US – General Admission