Goruck Double Tough – Washington, DC
Day of the Ranger
In late August of 1993, an elite special operations force called Task Force Ranger (TFR) was deployed to Mogadishu, Somalia to find and capture a criminal warlord named Muhammed Farrah Aideed. TFR was un-precedented and formidable fighting force made up of the US Army’s Delta Force Commandos, US Army Rangers from the 3rd Ranger Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment, Air Force Operators, Navy SEALS and the Nightstalker helicopter crews of the US Army’s 160th Special Operations Air Regiment. On the 3rd of Oct, TFR launched a daring daylight raid into downtown Mogadishu where 21 Aideed’s top officials were meeting in secret. While the initial raid was a success two Blackhawk helicopters would be shot down while the assault force, with its prisoners, were waiting for extraction! The mission now changed from a find and capture mission to a rescue mission for the downed members of the two crashed Blackhawks. This rescue would turn into the 18 hour Battle of Mogadishu or as Somalia’s were to name it! The Day of the Ranger. The heroics of the men in TFR both from the air and on the ground, fighting to save each other, is an extraordinary story of courage, perseverance and commitment and this event will commemorate the bravery of those both fallen and living who took part in this battle.
The first Tough will begin at 21:00 on 10/2/19
The second Tough will begin at 15:00 on 10/3/19
You must complete both Tough events to earn the coveted Day of the Ranger patch.
TWO 12 HOUR EVENTS, 15-20 MILES PER EVENT. THE ORIGINAL CHALLENGE.
What to Bring
– A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
– Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
If you weigh is greater than 150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
If you weigh is less than 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
– Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
– Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
– Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
– Headlamp with extra batteries
– First Aid Kit
– Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
– Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
– As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
– Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
– Refunds are not allowed for this event
– Transfering registration to a different participant is not allowed
– Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
– This event must have a minimum of 30 registered participants no later than 30 days prior to the start date
– If your event is at risk of being canceled, you will receive an email 60 days prior to the start date notifying you that your event is at risk