2020 Goruck Light Challenge – Washington, DC
“Operation Just Cause” is an example of a carefully planned and executed combat operation that overwhelmed Panama’s Dictator, Manuel Noriega and his Panamanian Defense Forces. Utilizing the US strategy of simultaneously employing Military Deception (MILDEC), Military Operations in Urbanized Terrain (MOUT), Air-Assault, Airborne, and Special Forces to decisively neutralize Noriega’s PDF. Operation Just Cause resulted in the restoration of the Central American’s elected government, the rescue of one American hostage, and the protection of other Americans and Panamanians.
What to Bring
– A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
– Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
If you weigh >150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
If you weigh < 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
– Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
– Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
– Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
– First Aid Kit
– Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
– Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
– As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
– Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
Refunds are not allowed for this event
Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
This event must have a minimum of 30 registered participants no later than 30 days prior to the start date
If your event is at risk of being canceled, you will receive an email 60 days prior to the start date notifying you that your event is at risk