2020 Goruck Light Challenge – Memphis, TN
“Never stop fighting till the fight is done.”
– Elliot Ness, Legendary ATF Agent
This unique “gangster” challenge event follows a trail of infamous gangsters and infamous hideouts in towns across the country. Follow in the footsteps of bootlegging gangsters and mob bosses throughout the golden era of organized crime. Make raids of actual speakeasies from the prohibition era. Part history lesson, part shenanigans.
4-5 HOURS, 7-10 MILES. LIGHT = FUN ON A TEAM. AVERAGE COMPLETION RATE: 100%
What to Bring
– A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
– Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
If you weigh is greater than 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
If you weigh is less than 150 lbs = 10 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
– Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
– Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
– Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
– First Aid Kit
– Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
– Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
– As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
– Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Light, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.
Event Cancellation Policy
– Refunds are not allowed for this event
– Transferring registration to a different participant is not allowed
– Store credit in the amount paid for the registration will be issued if requested more than 30 days before the event (NO EXCEPTIONS)
– This event must have a minimum of 30 registered participants no later than 30 days prior to the start date
– If your event is at risk of being canceled, you will receive an email 60 days prior to the start date notifying you that your event is at risk